Assistant professor in Political Theory
Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences – Department of Political Science
- Publication date
- 24 May 2016
- Level of education
- Salary indication
- €3,399 to €5,288 gross per month
- Closing date
- 19 June 2016
- 38 hours per week
- Vacancy number
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG) of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) is the largest educational and research institution in the social sciences in the Netherlands. The Faculty serves 7,500 students in numerous Bachelor and Master programmes in Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Com-munication Science, Psychology, Social Geography, Planning and International Development Studies, and Educational Sciences. The academic staff is employed in education as well as research. There are over 1,100 employees at the Faculty, which resides in a number of buildings in the centre of Amsterdam.
The Department of Political Sciences is one of the departments of the FMG. The College of Social Sciences (CSW) and the Graduate School of Social Sciences (GSSS) are responsible for the under-graduate and graduate teaching programmes in Political Science. The research within the Department is conducted in research pro-grammes of the Amsterdam Institute for Social Science Research (AISSR). The AISSR unites the social science research of the UvA, and is one of the largest research institutes in Europe.
The Department of Political Science at the University of Amsterdam invites applications for a two-year, temporary assistant professor (UD) position in Political Theory, starting 1 January 2017. Specialization is open, but we especially welcome candidates who specialize in Chinese, Buddhist, Islamic, and Africana political theories in comparative or historical perspective as well as applied ethicists or political philosophers who work on global justice, environmental ethics, ethics of war, etc. Candidates who combine such expertise with knowledge of political science research and methods are especially encouraged to apply.
- Developing, conducting, and supervising high quality academic research on Political Theory;
- teaching general and specialist courses on Political Theory at both undergraduate and graduate levels, supervising bachelor and master theses, and involvement in supervising graduate students; participation in educational initiatives;
- initiating bids for acquiring external funding research;
- actively contributing to the research programme of the Amster- dam Institute for Social Science Research and the development of the field through scholarly publications and participation in national and international research networks.
- A completed doctoral thesis in Political Science, Philosophy, or Cognate field;
- an ongoing programme of research and publications, focused on international ‘peer reviewed’ journals and/or books published by internationally recognized academic presses;
- broad general knowledge in Political Theory;
- ability to provide excellent and inspiring teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- ability and willingness to learn Dutch;
- the Dutch basic qualification in education (Basiskwalificatie Onderwijs; BKO) certificate, or the willingness to acquire such or equivalent.
Additional information about the vacancy may be obtained from:
You may also want to check:
Based on a full-time appointment (38 hours per week) the gross monthly salary will range from €3,399 to €5,288 (scale 11 or 12) depending on experience. The salary will be increased by 8 % holiday allowance and 8,3 % annual bonus. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable. The appointment will be temporary for two years.
Applications should comprise a letter of motivation, a full CV including a list of publications, and a brief statement of future research plans and grant applications. These should be sent electronically in one document, preferably as a pdf-file. Please do not send us additional documentation at this stage. The deadline for applications is 19 June 2016. Please send your application to email@example.com with vacancy number 16-265 as sub- ject.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
No agencies please
Citer ce billet
Thibaut Rioufreyt (2016, 26 mai). Annonce Assistant professor in Political Theory, Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Closing date: 19 June 2016. HiSoPo. Consulté le 25 février 2024, à l’adresse https://doi.org/10.58079/pjvh